We believe the work you do is essential to the public’s quality of life.
At LBMC, we understand these demands and offer a wealth of experience with government and public agencies. We can help you plan and manage so your agency can overcome financial challenges and achieve new levels of public service.
As a government entity, you provide services that we cannot (or would not want to) live without. At the same time, your organization is under extreme regulatory scrutiny and tremendous public pressure to make every penny count. You are expected to provide much-needed public services under a tight budget—often, a budget that gets tighter each year—while navigating a complex and shifting regulatory environment.
We understand the unique reporting and audit requirements of governmental entities. Beyond the basic reporting requirements, governmental entities have the responsibility to demonstrate their fiscal accountability and compliance with restrictions on the use of resources in connection with annual budgets and federal and state grantors.
Members of the LBMC Government Services Team work closely with the management, audit committees, council members, and the boards of directors of numerous governmental entities. Our firm is one of the few in our region that has placed an emphasis and specialized in servicing governmental entities.
We take pride in meeting and exceeding our client’s expectations. We provide clear and open lines of communication and commit to performing our services at convenient times for our clients. At the beginning of each audit engagement, we establish an engagement timeline that fits the needs of our clients.
Our services are available remotely, in-person, or through hybrid engagements that blend the best of both worlds. Our professionals use sophisticated audit technology that enables both parties to upload files and monitor the progress of the audit through an intuitive digital dashboard.
Governmental Entities Served:
- Counties and Cities
- State Agencies
- Public and Private Colleges and Universities
- Parking Authorities
- Quasi-governmental not-for-profits
- Public School Districts
- Higher Education Assistance Authorities
- Comprehensive Care Centers
- Pension Plans
Our services for government industries often include:
- Financial statement audits
- Internal audit and risk advisory services
- Agreed upon procedures
- Data Collection Form filings for the Single Audit Reporting Package
- Cost certifications
- Tax Increments Financing (“TIF”) certifications
- Audits of School Activity Funds
- Information technology – review of controls
- Single audits in accordance with the Uniform Guidance
- Compliance audits
- New accounting standards implementation including FASB and GASB standards
- Real Estate Assessment Center (“REAC”) filings
- HUD compliance audits
- Audits of Workers’ Compensation Funds