Since business leaders and board members are not often technically-inclined, they tend to have many questions about cybersecurity. Because of this, the AICPA recently recognized the need for a new type of cybersecurity examination report and put together a task force to bring to life what’s now known as SOC (System and Organization Control) for Cybersecurity. These reports will be beneficial in giving business leaders and board members an independent assurance and solid understanding of risk management and working with third-party cybersecurity professionals.
In this podcast, LBMC Information Security’s Mark Burnette and Drew Hendrickson discuss SOC for Cybersecurity reports and what organizations and IT professionals should know about this new report and how it could help their organizations.
Listen, and discover these key takeaways:
- Why SOC for Cybersecurity reports were created
- Key elements found within an SOC for Cybersecurity report
- Differences in SOC 2 and SOC for Cybersecurity reports
- Ways organizations benefit from SOC for Cybersecurity reports
- Differences in SOC for Cybersecurity and Risk Assessments
Subscribe to the Cybersecurity Sense Podcast on iTunes.
To learn more about LBMC Information Security or to speak to one of our trusted professionals about our services, including SOC for Cybersecurity reports, contact us today!