Justin Follis, CPA
Shareholder, Leader of LBMC Tax Services East TN Market
University of Tennessee, Knoxville; Masters of Accountancy, Taxation
University of Alabama, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a major of Accounting
Justin Follis, CPA is a Shareholder in the tax division of LBMC, PC, in Knoxville.
Having almost 20 years of experience in taxation, Justin has diverse experience consulting multi-national corporations and partnerships in the areas of tax compliance, ASC 740 accounting, and tax transactional structuring.
Justin understands at a deep level the importance of planning and execution. When he isn’t diligently navigating his clients to their goals, he’s at the controls of an airplane as a licensed pilot since 1998.
He brings to LBMC the experience of his prior role with Deloitte’s National Federal Tax Services, Partnership Solutions Group, where he consulted corporate joint ventures, publicly traded partnerships, and financial services clients on partnership transaction and compliance matters.
As a Shareholder in the Firm’s Tax Outsourcing Group, Justin serves clients ranging from global private equity groups, and private equity-backed portfolio companies, to publicly traded corporations in industries such as financial services, healthcare, and manufacturing and distribution.
Justin’s expertise and services offerings include:
- Assisting clients with the modeling of partnership transactions
- Analyzing and modeling allocation provisions of partnership agreements
- Advising upon consequences of §704(c) allocations and §704(c) method selection
- Partnership and corporate income tax compliance
- Preparation and review of ASC 740 income tax provisions
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)