Matt Denney, CPA
Senior Manager, Tax
University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Masters of Accountancy Degree
Matt Denney, CPA, is a Senior Manager in the tax division of LBMC, PC.
He has a broad range of experience serving clients in the healthcare, manufacturing, retail, construction, and real estate industries.
Matt serves as a trusted advisor to his clients and consults on business matters with closely held businesses and their owners. He guides his clients through the complexities of the tax code and counsels them on matters related to tax planning, business acquisitions, and personal income taxation.
Matt is a member of LBMC's Entrepreneurial Services tax practice and has over ten years of tax experience. In his tour through the complex world of public accounting, he has worked with a wide range of clients; from Fortune 100 Companies and multi-national investment banks to local Nashville residents and their businesses. His technical skills include:
- Taxation of Flow-through Entities including formation and dissolution tax implications, ownership allocations, and basis calculations.
- Corporate income taxation including quarterly reporting, tax controversy, and mergers and acquisitions.
- Accounting for income taxes including preparation and review of quarterly and annual tax provisions, audit documentation, and disclosures.
- Review and test ASC 740 uncertain tax positions and prepare supporting audit documentation.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)