Andrew Usery , CPA, CIA, CMA, CFM
Senior Manager, Audit
University of Tennessee at Martin, Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration and majors in Accounting and Finance-Economics; Summa cum laude
Andrew Usery is a Senior Manager with the LBMC Audit and Advisory practice.
Andrew’s experience includes manufacturing, wholesale, distribution, retail, service, construction, broker-dealer, insurance, employee benefit plan, and Sarbanes Oxley internal control matters. His previous experience includes serving as a Supervisor of Assurance Services with a regional accounting firm, Project Financial Analyst with a public company partnering with a national consulting firm, and as an Audit Senior with the Nashville office of Deloitte & Touche, LLP.
Andrew frequently manages assurance engagements – audits, reviews, and compilations – of privately (family owned, private-equity backed, and other closely) held entities. Andrew also manages internal audit and consulting engagements, with emphasis on assessing, documenting, testing, and/or designing financial processes and internal control environments. Andrew also leads forensic accounting and financial statement restatement engagements.
- Mergers, acquisition, and restructuring accounting
- Consolidations of domestic and foreign entities
- Group audits of domestic and foreign-owned entities
- Internal control and risk assessments
- Policies and procedures/accounting manuals
- Fraud investigations and restatements
- A firm leader in the use of data mining, statistics, and file conversion software
- Inventory management and valuation
- Research and implementation of new accounting standards
- Quality control reviews
- Oversight of department scheduling
- Public company quarterly reviews and integrated audits (SEC reporting)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
- Certified Financial Manager (CFM)